Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Natural way of Living / Naturopathy


Those studying Gandhi, very often come across his experiments with Naturopathy. On visit to Sewagram Ashram I saw an area for sun bath behind his hut. His daily schedule included tub bathing (perhaps as recommended by just).

He was most influenced by Louis Kuhne, Father Kneipp and Adolf Just. 

I am studying and experimenting with few of these methodologies from some time. The ideas presented by all the three authors are so simply put, that even a person with no education can easily understand these. (I am reading Hindi translations by Shri Vitthaldasji Modi)

Father kneipp focuses more on using water to treat all ailments. His methods are quite mild and easy. He had experimented for years to develop these methodologies.

Kuhne convinces you that all diseases are primarily the same, with a common source. This concept actually forms the basis of all modern naturopathic thinking. He has given a variety of methods. He has also written a book that suggests how to diagnose diseases by analysing faces and body.
I observed that most of the Naturopathic facilities operating in India are using a high proportion of Kuhne's methods.

But my personal favourite is surely Adolf Just. He studied the way nature works. He studied how animals similar to human beings live. The way they bath and the secret of their good and PURE health. He teaches one how to go close to the nature and listen to nature. Nature itself always tells you the best way of curing yourselves. 

Initially when I read the Natural bath methodology by Just, I was hardly convinced that this can be effective. But to my surprise, just within 3 days, I could see a remarkable difference with my biggest enemy - Constipation. 
Within a week, I have found major change in my energy levels. There were many personality improvements, I had been struggling with since years. Suddenly I am finding that I am positively attacking them.

But, I recommend you to read all these books and yourselves experiment with them. And don't miss to share your experiences with all of us.

I can't find a soft copy of the "Nature Cure" book by  M K Gandhi. Print is available for 5 Rs.

Here, I am giving some online free resources to read the books (the books are out of copyright). 
Hindi Translations (at extremely cheap cost) of all these books can be ordered from arogyamandir (http://arogyamandir.org/). They don't sell online - You may have to call them.Gandhiji
  1. "Return to Nature" by Adolf Just http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020162.just.pdf
  2. My Water Cure by Father Sebastian Kneipp, http://www.archive.org/details/mywatercureastes00kneiuoft
  3. The New Science of Healing by Louis Kuhne http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020160.khune/kuhne.pdf
  4. Facial Diagnosis by Louis Kuhne http://www.archive.org/details/louiskuhnesfaci00kuhngoog

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing this. I have recently become very interested in naturopathy and I am currently working with a naturopath. She has recommended epsom salt baths for detox and says they have great benefits. I have a blog that also focuses on the more "natural" things in life, so feel free to check it out if you get the chance. http://healthyheartandsoul.blogspot.com/
Thanks again for sharing!

Unknown said...

web design san luis obispo Cool website buddy I am gona suggest this to all my list of contacts.

Cool boy said...

Your site is very informative and your articles are wonderful.Relationship Issues With Cell Com

Unknown said...

congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! life ins rates

Siddhant Rathour said...

This Indian personality was extraordinary and rigid. Indians should read Mahatma Gandhi's Life story.

CK Health & Wellbeing said...

I read your blog now share great information here.

naturopath newcastle